We Thrive Inside campaign brings together students, faculty

Thriving+together--+High+school+teachers+and+students+discuss+their+methods+of+thriving+on+a+collaborative+Flipgrid%2C+which+is+being+used+to+celebrate+the+We+Thrive+Inside+campaign.+Students+and+staff+are+asked+to+share+videos+to+the+Flipgrid+during+the+week+of+May+11-15.+

MJ Martinez

Thriving together– High school teachers and students discuss their methods of “thriving” on a collaborative Flipgrid, which is being used to celebrate the We Thrive Inside campaign. Students and staff are asked to share videos to the Flipgrid during the week of May 11-15.

Sophia Bottalico, Staff Writer

During quarantine, students and faculty are looking for ways to stay healthy and active at home. Between how to correctly wash hands and sanitize everyday objects, others are also working on their internal well-being. The We Thrive Inside campaign is looking to help with this mission by focusing on both mental and physical health. 

The high school was inspired by the “We Thrive Inside” campaign from the Child Mind Institute, which is focusing on children and their mental health during COVID-19. We Thrive Inside will take place during the Spirit Week of May 11-15. Students are encouraged to create a short video, which will be uploaded to a collaborative Flipgrid, explaining what strategies they are using to thrive during COVID-19 and how they are taking care of their mental health.

“Every day presents new challenges to the mental health and well-being of children. #WeThriveInside is bringing the Child Mind Institute’s innovative telehealth, inspiring videos, and online resources to families no matter where they are,” according to The Child Mind Institute. 

Currently, the collaborative Flipgrid has generated some activity from both teachers and students. Health and wellness teacher Courtney Landheer talked about how she is keeping active through gardening, while senior Caitlin Cunningham shared that she is taking dance classes. 

“We’re hoping to show FHS students that although things are more than tough right now, there’s still a lot of good things around us, and those things should be celebrated. With every bad thing, there are two good things to appreciate,” junior Medha Arora said.

Any high school member who would like to participate is welcome to do so by using this link.