Farmington football ‘enters the arena’

Ricky Podgorski, Managing Editor

Farmington football is back, and the team looks forward to another season to grow and develop. The team has been preparing for their first game of the season against Maloney High School on September 13, by developing plays, strength and conditioning, and building team chemistry. Additionally, the team has added a brand new slogan, to drive effort and persistence for the upcoming season: “Enter the arena”

“‘Enter the arena’ really means that unless you are putting in the work on the field or behind the scenes, you have to be there for the team. This includes the student body too. As long as we’re working and cheering towards one common goal, we are all in the arena,” senior captain Mitch Guglielmo said.

Seniors Jacob Conrad, Nick Greco, and Riley Chapman join Guglielmo as captains for this year’s team. Captains have guided individual fieldwork as well as workouts in the weight room to maintain the standard of “being in the arena.”

To continue to be in the arena, the team has established goals towards success.

“As a team, I feel like our goal is to go 8-2 and hopefully make the playoffs,” senior cornerback Niko Bouzakis said.

According to Bouzakis, the team needs to improve on limiting penalties and executing the game plan. 

The boys hope to start the season off with a win against Maloney High School, and look forward to a season in “the arena.”