Seniors celebrate at annual class picnic

Staff Writer

The senior picnic is an annual event in which members of the senior class are able to spend a day bonding and having fun outdoors. This year, the picnic took place on May 24 at High Meadow Day Camp in North Granby, Connecticut.

The event was planned by the Class of 2019 Student Council with their class advisers, business teacher Jeff Daddio and English teacher Lauren Gallucci. Tickets for the event were sold for $30. The price of the ticket included transportation, food, and entertainment. Some of the entertainment options included swimming, beach volleyball, basketball and traditional field games. There was also a hypnotist that offered an interactive experience to an audience.

“It’s really a great time. The food is great, and there’s always something to do. It’s a nice way to cap off the year,” Director of Media Technology Evan Foreman said.

In addition to the range of activities offered, food was available to participating students throughout the day. Upon arrival, students were greeted with a breakfast spread of bagels, fruit, and pastries. Lunch was also offered, and students were able to choose from nachos, barbecue, and snacks. In addition to the food provided, there was a popcorn and cotton candy machine available for use. “As someone who loves food, it was really nice to have a lot of options throughout the day,” senior Samuel Martin said.

The day proved to be a success, and many seniors have noted that they are glad they had the opportunity to create more memories prior to graduation.