GSA hosts annual Acoustic Night

Harry Crossman

Tuning up– Seniors Angelica Padua and Dexter Willett play guitars at GSA’s annual Acoustic Night. The duo played a song entitled “Bulletproof Love” by Pierce the Veil.

Stefan Izydorczak, Arts & Entertainment Editor

The Gay Straight Alliance (GSA) hosted their Acoustic Night at the high school in order to fundraise money for their field trip to True Colors on December 4. The night is a social event where people can show off their talents such as performing music, original poetry, or any other poetry that the readers enjoy.

The night was run by seniors Angelica Padua and Skylar Crossman who are both members of the GSA. The theme that they try to address during Acoustic Night is that it is judgement free zone.

“There was no negativity in the room at all, and everyone goes for and has a great time,” Padua said.

“No matter what the students perform, whether it’s music, or poetry, people are going to appreciate you for performing and showing your talents,” Crossman said.

Acoustic Night succeeded in being a judgment free zone, as the performers felt comfortable in front of their friends and family.

“I feel like the environment we’ve created made people feel comfortable in getting people to get up there. We made some of our most anxious performers feel comfortable to walk on the stage and smile when they are done,” Crossman said.

Many of the students enjoyed the feeling of night, as everyone in attendance was supportive of each other.

“There was a great sense of community and friendliness. senior Dexter Willett said.

Padua and Crossman were pleased with the way Acoustic Night went, and they want to host another one later in the school year.

“We are hoping to get more performers on stage next time so we can attract different types of audiences to appear,” Padua said.