Hennig leads team as main goal scorer

Evan Hughes, Staff Writer

As the girls’ soccer season progresses, sophomore Taylor Hennig continues to impress spectators and continues the hard work she puts in as the main scoring force for the team.

Although she is one of the younger players on the team, she has considerable playing experience. Playing year-round, high school in the fall and Farmington Sports Arena Football Club (FSA FC) in the winter and spring, Hennig looks to use her skill to improve the team record.

“Our team has been very focused, we all work hard during training, and I am just doing the best I can to help the team as much as I can. ̈ Hennig said.

Coming off of an eight-goal season as a freshman, Hennig has managed to score 13 goals along with eight assists. The girls’ soccer team has a record of 12 wins and three losses.

“She’s as special a player we’ve had here in the 13 years I’ve been the Athletic Director. She just has that winning attitude and is relentless at all times on the field,” Athletic Director Jack Phelan said.

Hennig has scored the winning goal in Farmington’s 1-0 win against big time rival Avon.

“It was a great team goal. Everyone contributed, and I was just there to finish it off and give us the lead,” Hennig said.

As the team goes forward, they will need her to continue to play at the level.

“She is our main attacking threat whether it’s drawing in the defenders and assisting others, or scoring important goals,” junior Julia Cohn said.

Hennig hopes to continue her athletic career in order to impress prospective colleges.