Seniors celebrate at annual picnic

On your mark, get set, go-- Senior Nimrita Singh races in a hamster ball at the annual senior picnic. The senior picnic is one of the last events for seniors leading up to graduation.

Amanda Roth

On your mark, get set, go– Senior Nimrita Singh races in a hamster ball at the annual senior picnic. The senior picnic is one of the last events for seniors leading up to graduation.

Amanda Roth, Copy & Design Chief

Seniors gathered on Friday, May 27 at High Meadow Day Resort to celebrate their senior picnic. Before departing for the resort, students convened in the auditorium for a briefing on the day’s events as well as the expectations set forth for the seniors to abide by.

When the students arrived they were treated to a breakfast of an assortment of donuts and bagels, and later on were able to choose their lunch from hamburgers, hotdogs, tacos, nachos, pasta, salad and more.

There were multiple attractions spread throughout the resort including a pool, a rock climbing wall, volleyball and basketball courts, hamster ball races and more. Senior Shruthi Voleti participated in many activities offered, including the human sized hamster balls.

“The senior picnic was pretty cool this year, especially because there were so many activities at High Meadow for people to participate in, everyone was able to find something they liked. My personal favorite was the hamster ball races because it’s something that I’ve seen people do on TV or online, but I’ve never had a chance to take part in it before then,” Voleti said.

The resort also offered various events, including a hypnotist show as well as a lip syncing competition. The hypnotism and comedy show was performed by hypnotist Dan Larosa, and several student volunteered. Senior Andrew Arena was one volunteer and became Michael Jackson’s reincarnate and even began to perform one of his songs for the crowd. Seniors Mollianne Delaney and Skylar Crossman sang and danced to “Wannabe” by the Spice Girls in the lip syncing competition.

“It was honestly really fun. I got to enjoy one of our last senior events with one of my best friends. Every person who performed and every person in the audience genuinely looked like they were having a good time,” Crossman said